Skip to main content

Street Lights

Street Lights rev

To Report A Street Light Problem


Call Xcel Energy at 1-800-895-4999 or visit 


You will need the following information:

          **The address closest to the problem
          **The nearest cross street or intersection

             **Light location - corner, mid-block, alley, front yard, etc.


            If the light pole has an Xcel tag with numbers, report those also.



Street Light Pole



To Report A General Power Outage

Xcel Energy, 1-800-895-4999.


Street Lighting Standards


Arterials (Major streets such as Wadsworth and Kipling)

Lights spaced at a minimum of 150 feet on alternating sides of the street and at all intersections.


Collectors (Examples include Garrison, Mississippi, 20th Ave.)

Lights spaced at a minimum of 250 feet on alternating sides of the street and at all intersections.


Locals (residential streets)

The developer for new housing installs curb or driveway lighting on a photocell for each property instead of street lights.


Private Property Lighting


The City does not install private property lighting. If you are concerned about the security of your home or other possessions, contact Xcel Energy, 1-800-895-4999.


See additional information from Lakewood Police about protecting your property.


Questions, Complaints, Concerns?

Visit Request Lakewood
Request Lakewood Logo

Contact Information:

Transportation Engineering
Direct: 303-987-7980 |