Lakewood is a Veteran-Friendly Employer!
We foster an extremely supportive culture for Veterans, Reservists and members of the National Guard:
- Honored by U.S. Department of Labor for our commitment to recruiting, employing and retaining military veterans with the HIRE Vets Medallion Program Demonstration Award.
- 9% of regular employees are veterans -- more than eight times the national average
- Annual Veterans Recognition Day
- Annual Veterans Fair with veterans service providers
- Guard/Reserve accommodations to employment
Top these off with the ability to continue your service to our nation -- at the local level -- and you'll find Lakewood a great place to hang up your uniform!
Veterans' Crisis Line: 1-800-273-TALK
Veterans' Crisis Line Website: VeteransCrisisLine.net
Organizations providing services & support for veterans
West Metro Veterans Fair
This annual event sponsored by the City of Lakewood gives vets a chance to connect with dozens of support and service organizations for veterans.
See a recent brochure
Veterans Recognition Day
Stand proud and be recognized as we pause as an organization to honor our employees who are veterans of service to our nation.
See the recent City Council Proclamation
Police Department Veterans Recruitment
See Police employment details | See full poster
Municipal Court Veterans Program
In recognition that returning veterans face unique problems related to their service and have earned special benefits that may help address them, the Lakewood Municipal Court Veterans Process (LMCVP) was established for veterans charged with criminal violations in Lakewood Municipal Court.
See more details